Power Scheduler Design

From: Abel Vesa
Date: Sun Sep 07 2014 - 07:47:22 EST

For a while now, I've started studying the power aware scheduling problem.
And like many other rookies out there I took all the lkml mails related
and read them all (well, almost all) and I saw that there are some
debating on the implementation.I even look over the implementation
proposed of Preeti U Murthy. I also worked (just for fun) for a while on
some ideas of my own (nothing worth sharing, yet) but I have problem
understanding the design requirements. Here is one.

Some of you (even Ingo) said that the scheduler should be the one to
manage the cpu P/C states. In this case the governors of the cpuidle and
cpufreq would not make any sense anymore. Does that mean they will not
be a part of this scheduling solution anymore?