Re: [RFC 00/14] perf pollfd v3

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Thu Sep 18 2014 - 12:05:17 EST

Em Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 06:36:38PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo escreveu:
> Em Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:30:29AM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo escreveu:
> > Em Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 01:48:25PM +0200, Jiri Olsa escreveu:
> > > so the reason was that my fd lib stuff did not get rebuilt..
> >
> > Thanks a lot! I missed that one, will fold it into the patch that
> > introduces fdarray and add a v2: comment attributing credit to you, so
> > that bisection works.
>
> > > you probably want to add attached change, before there's the
> > > fix for the apik library
>
> Done, need just to move that fcntl O_NONBLOCK from fdarray__add() to
> perf_evlist__add_pollfd(), what I have now is at:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git/log/?h=perf/fdarray.v3
>
> In case you want to see if itaddresses your concerns.
>
> The last cset should address what you pointed out about unmapping only
> when the events gets completely drained from the ring buffer.
>
> I'll do the fcntl() fix, test your drain-last-events scenario and
> repost.

Done, updated it there:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git/log/?h=perf/fdarray.v4

Its on top of my last perf/core branch, i.e. with builtin-record.c using
perf_evlist__mmap_consume() and it and builtin-trace.c doing one last
mmap_read loop to consume what is left after all fds for a mmap are
closed.

I'll wait a bit before reposting, probably Jiri will not be able to
comment this week, but I would like to at least post the URL for this
latest v4 kit.

Adrian, if you could take a look at it, would be really great :-)

- Arnaldo