Re: two more fixes for block/for-linus

From: Douglas Gilbert
Date: Mon Sep 22 2014 - 14:40:38 EST

On 14-09-22 10:06 AM, Jens Axboe wrote:
On 2014-09-22 07:59, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
Fix two regressions with the timer/blk_mq_start_request changes found
when using scsi-mq on an ATA device.

Note that given how late we are in the cycle I wonder if we really should
push the changes in block/for-linus to Linus in this cycle. The race
part of the timer fixes is extremly narrow, and the reserved request
part of it requires an out of tree driver update to trigger it, so it
doesn't sound super criticial.

I was planning on pushing it out today, I've run a lot of testing on it
internally last week. Ho hum, let me think about it...

With these patches applied (actually a resync an hour
ago with the for-linus tree which includes them), the
freeze-during-boot-up problem that I have been seeing
with an old SATA boot disk (perhaps 1.5 Gbps) for
the last two weeks, has gone away.

That SATA disk is connected to the motherboard (Gigabyte
Z97M-D3H/Z97M-D3H, BIOS F5 05/30/2014) and has a standard
AHCI interface as far as I can tell. dmesg confirms that.

Please add "Tested-by: Douglas Gilbert <dgilbert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>"
to Christoph's "two more fixes for block/for-linus" series.

Doug Gilbert