Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the net tree

From: David Miller
Date: Tue Sep 23 2014 - 21:59:11 EST

From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 07:23:06 +1000

> Dave, this is a bit slack of you since I reported that problem a week
> ago in the net tree and yet it has not been completely fixed before you
> asked Linus to pull your tree :-(

There were build failures I saw due to some misbalanced select/depends
issues which I fixed in:

commit df568d8e5250bf24e38c69ad4374baf0f8d279ba
Author: David S. Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon Sep 22 13:14:33 2014 -0400

scsi: Use 'depends' with LIBFC instead of 'select'.

which went in yesterday. I thought that would resolve all of your
problems.

Believe me, it is a tragic surprise that several defconfigs absolutely
depended upon this broken usage of select in the scsi layer, to of all
things make CONFIG_NET=y implicit.

I'll do my best to sort this out, but I hope that this short term pain
is worth it in the end.

Thanks for your understanding.