Re: 3.16.1 - general protection fault

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Date: Wed Sep 24 2014 - 16:36:40 EST

* Marcin Gibula (m.gibula@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Hi Marcin,

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing with 3.16 kernel on my test machine as a KVM
> hypervisor and encountered the following crash twice (almost identical
> backtraces).
>
> Sep 24 09:39:31 dev4 kernel: general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP

<snip>

> This machine is serving as NFS client and KVM hypervisor. I'm still
> not sure how to trigger it reliably (right now, I just have to run
> ubuntu instalation in VM guest multiple times and sometimes it
> triggers).
>
> Attaching .config, slub.s and disassembled __kmalloc_node_track_caller function.

Yes, I hit something similar:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-nfs/msg46047.html 'nfs: disallow duplicate pages in pgio page vectors'
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-nfs/msg46048.html 'nfs: can_coalesce_requests must enforce contiguity'

seem to stop the GPF's/crashes, although there's still something else
going on with a corruption I'm seeing every so often.

Dave

/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux | Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | | In Hex /