Re: [Patch v6 00/15] Enable support of IOAPIC hotplug on x86 platforms

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Thu Sep 25 2014 - 09:33:58 EST

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014, Jiang Liu wrote:

> This patch set enhances IOAPIC core and ACPI drivers to support IOAPIC
> hotplug on x86 platforms. It's based on latest mainstream kernel at
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
>
> You may pull it from
> https://github.com/jiangliu/linux.git ioapic/hotplug_v6
>
> We have pick up several patches from Yinghai's original IOAPIC hotplug
> patch set and reimplemented IOAPIC driver as an ACPI driver instead of
> a PCI driver.
>
> It has been tested on a 4-socket Intel SDV with socket hot-addition
> capability. Any suggestions are welcomed!

This looks pretty good now.

Though I'd like to have the Acked-bys for the ACPI portion of the
series from the ACPI maintainers before I queue it up in tip.

So this is going to be 3.19 material as we need some exposure in -next
and other testing. I would also like to bring the other part of the
rework (the hierarchical irqdomains) into testing ASAP.

Thanks,

tglx