Re: [media/dvb_usb_af9005] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request (WAS: [media/em28xx] BUG: unable to handle kernel)

From: Frank Schäfer
Date: Thu Sep 25 2014 - 09:52:41 EST

Am 23.09.2014 um 23:03 schrieb Luca Olivetti:
> El 23/09/14 20:52, Frank Schäfer ha escrit:

> [...]
>>> #if defined(CONFIG_MODULE) || defined(CONFIG_DVB_USB_AF9005_REMOTE)
>> What happens, if CONFIG_MODULES is enabled, but neither module
>> af9005-remote nor any other IR module is available ?
>> Has this ever been tested ?
> I think I tested at the time and symbol_request returned NULL in that
> case, however I'm not sure and I cannot find any documentation on how
> symbol_request is supposed to work in that case.

Ok, thanks.
I assume noone wants to invest some time into this old driver and covert
it to todays kernel IR infrastructure as suggested by Antti ? :-)
Then I'm going to send a patch with the

#if defined(CONFIG_MODULE) || defined(CONFIG_DVB_USB_AF9005_REMOTE)

approach.
That's at least better than leaving the bug unfixed.

Regards,
Frank