Re: [RFC/PATCH 5/5] mtd: ubi: Add sysfs entry to force all pebs' scan

From: Tanya Brokhman
Date: Sun Sep 28 2014 - 04:54:08 EST

On 9/28/2014 11:42 AM, Richard Weinberger wrote:
Tanya,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Tanya Brokhman <tlinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A given eraseblock can be read many times or not at all.
We do not have the account of such eraseblocks that have
not been accessed since a pre-defined threshold interval.
By means of scanning the entire flash device it is possible to identify
all such eraseblocks.

Add a sysfs entry to force scan on all the PEBs on demand basis.

The sysfs entry would be available under /sys/class/ubi/ubiX/peb_scan
- echo 1 to this entry would trigger the scan, ignored if in progress
- On reading returns the scan status (1 = Scan executing, 0 = Scan not
executing)

Did you see that?
http://linux-kernel.2935.n7.nabble.com/RFC-UBI-bitrot-checking-td949453.html
Maybe we can combine our work.
Although your patch seems to be in better shape than mine. :)

oh, I'm sorry, missed that (its new :) )
this patch was tested thoroughly and working. I would appreciate if you could review this patch and perhaps we could improve it if required.

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation