Re: aesbs-core.S_shipped?

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Wed Oct 01 2014 - 08:48:31 EST

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 06:26:19PM +0200, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> > can you explain me why arch/arm/crypto/aesbs-core.S_shipped
> > is a _shipped file? I can't find any reason why it should be,
> > it's a normal .S file in every way as far as I can tell.
>
> It is generated by aesbs-core.pl, and Russell preferred including it
> as a _shipped file rather than generating it from the perl script on
> each build. (Note that the Perl script is kept in sync with OpenSSL,
> i.e., the goal is to be able to generate the kernel .S and the OpenSSL
> userland .S from the same script)

Thanks for the explanation. Can you update the script so that it
inserts a comment explaining how the file was generated into it?

Also to satisfy the GPL you need to include a copy of aesbs-core.pl in
the kernel tree. I only did a quick find -name aesbs-core.pl that
didn't find any results, so if it's named slightly differently feel
free to discard this second comment.