Re: pipe/page fault oddness.

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Oct 02 2014 - 12:10:49 EST

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Sasha Levin <sasha.levin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a new one for you. I know it doesn't say "numa" anywhere, but I
> haven't ever seen that trace before so I'll just go ahead and blame it
> on your patch...

Fair enough, but the oops doesn't really give even a hint of what
could be wrong.

The stack is clearly too deep:

Thread overran stack, or stack corrupted
task.ti: ffff880dba2ec000
RSP: ffff880dba2ebf48

but my patch shouldn't have added any deeper call-chains anywhere.

Anyway, unless you can get some other interesting oops with more hints
about where we go wrong, you might want to try Mel's four cleanup
patches instead. I love how you're testing my quick-and-dirty hack,
and I think we'll need to do this eventually, but in the short term
Mel's patches are probably worth applying.

In particular, his 4/4 patch removes the code case that I was
particularly nervous about, so it looks worth a try, because that may
just remove the bug with much smaller effort.

Linus