Re: PERF_EVENT_IOC_SET_FILTER has different values based on bitness

From: David Ahern
Date: Wed Oct 08 2014 - 11:25:27 EST

On 10/8/14, 9:22 AM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
I wonder how that works best, being on the receiving side of such requests
from time to time.

I guess that to scale, that would be better done by:

1. Reporter tests if the patch applies (and works) on the desired
targets.

2. Reporter sends the request, with the above test results, to
stable@xxxxxxxxxx, following whatever conventions are to get the
attention of the stable release maintainers.

My understanding is that subsystem maintainers do the stable requests.

A patch adjustment is needed for v3.4 and v3.10. I am willing to do the necessary patch mods for 3.4, 3.10, and 3.14.

David