Re: [GIT PULL] New Mailbox framework for 3.18

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Tue Oct 21 2014 - 03:44:34 EST

On Monday 20 October 2014 15:23:38 Jassi Brar wrote:
> On 8 October 2014 11:09, Jassi Brar <jaswinder.singh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Linus,
> >
> > A framework for Mailbox controllers and clients have been cooking for
> > more than a year now. Everybody in the CC list had been copied on
> > patchset revisions and most of them have made sounds of approval,
> > though just one concrete Reviewed-by. The patchset has also been in
> > linux-next for a couple of weeks now and no conflict has been
> > reported. The framework has the backing of at least 5 platforms,
> > though I can't say if/when they upstream their drivers (some
> > businesses have 'changed').
> >
> Hi Linus,
> While I was speculating on the reasons why you were not merging the
> patchset - not enough Acked-Bys, you want it via asoc, my git server
> down (I am not aware) or you just forgot in the unlikely case - I
> missed the window.
> There are couple of platforms waiting for the api to get upstream and
> now I have the devs on my back. Assuming I messed up the pull request
> somehow, may I know how?

Jassi,

I assume a contributing factor here was that you rebased the tree
just before submission, which is always a bad sign.

There is a small chance that Linus will still pull this for v3.18, as he
said that he'd take a few things that have been submitted in time. If
not, please rebase once more on top of v3.18-rc1 and send a pull request
to arm@xxxxxxxxxx so we can put it into arm-soc for 3.19.

Linus,

I think it would be good to have it, I had an earlier version in arm-soc
a couple of merge windows ago but ended up not submitting it back then
because of a last-minute problem. All issues have been resolved since,
and we have a number of platforms that want to add drivers on top of
the framework.

Arnd