A desktop environment[1] kernel wishlist

From: Bastien Nocera
Date: Tue Oct 21 2014 - 04:50:40 EST

Hey,

GNOME has had discussions with kernel developers in the past, and,
fortunately, in some cases we were able to make headway.

There are however a number of items that we still don't have solutions
for, items that kernel developers might not realise we'd like to rely
on, or don't know that we'd make use of if merged.

I've posted this list at:
https://wiki.gnome.org/BastienNocera/KernelWishlist

Let me know on-list or off-list if you have any comments about those, so
I can update the list.

Cheers

PS: Please CC: me as I'm not subscribed to LKML itself.

[1]: the desktop environment in question being GNOME, as the URL shows.
I'm confident that most of those changes would be useful for embedded
usage, whether a NAS, Android devices, or other desktops.