Re: [RFC/PATCH] PM / Sleep: Timer quiesce in freeze state

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue Oct 28 2014 - 04:29:17 EST

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 12:32:16PM +0800, Li, Aubrey wrote:

> >> Please check the log of 8651f97bd951d0bb1c10fa24e3fa3455193f3548.
> >> Rafael should know more this question than me.
> >
> > That changelog explains its complete bollocks to do it here. We _want_
> > to enter and/or remain in deep idle states.
>
> cpuidle_resume() will be called at the end of dpm_resume_noirq(). So we
> still are able to enter deep idle states after resume.

cpuidle_resume is absolute crap, as is cpuidle_suspend for that matter
-- in this case.

The only reason we needed cpuidle_suspend is because some BIOS shat its
pants when some CPUs were in higher C states while trying to do the S3
thing. We're not going to use S states or BIOS calls _at_all_, so no
point in kicking CPUs out of their deep C states.

Read that changelog you referred me to again.