FW/BIOS Bug category for oops.kernel.org

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Mon Nov 03 2014 - 16:26:22 EST

Hi oops.kernel.org folks,

I'm wanting to collect information on FW/BIOS bugs, and I figured that
we could use the oops.kernel.org infrastructure to do this.

Now, I'd prefer to not use the regular BUG/WARN because it might confuse
users and the stacktrace is entirely pointless -- we know were/why we
generate the msgs.

Is everything between:

and:
pr_warn("---[ end trace %016llx ]---\n", (unsigned long long)oops_id);

sucked in automagically, or do we need more magic?

I was thinking of adding a body like:

FW/BIOS fail: $msg
Hardware name: $dump_stack_arc_desc_str
CPU model name: $cpuinfo_x86->x86_model_id

Which would allow us to index on both CPU and Hardware.

Can we make this happen?