Re: [Patch Part2 v4 00/31] Enable hierarchy irqdomian on x86 platforms

From: Joerg Roedel
Date: Tue Nov 04 2014 - 09:47:39 EST

Hi Jiang,

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 08:01:34PM +0800, Jiang Liu wrote:
> This is the second patch set to enable support of hierarchy irqdomain
> on x86 platforms. It depends on the first part at:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/10/27/122
> And you may access it at:
> https://github.com/jiangliu/linux.git irqdomain/p2v4

I gave this some testing on a couple of machines. Unfortunatly it panics
on my AMD Kaveri system with IOMMU enabled in drivers/pci/msi.c:

static void msi_set_mask_bit(struct irq_data *data, u32 flag)
{
struct msi_desc *desc = irq_data_get_msi(data);

if (desc->msi_attrib.is_msix) { <-- at this line something goes wrong
msix_mask_irq(desc, flag);
readl(desc->mask_base); /* Flush write to device */
} else {
unsigned offset = data->irq - desc->irq;
msi_mask_irq(desc, 1 << offset, flag << offset);
}
}

I am further investigating to find out what went wrong, but maybe you
also have an idea?

Joerg