Re: net: fec: fix regression on i.MX28 introduced by rx_copybreak support

From: David Miller
Date: Tue Nov 04 2014 - 11:29:12 EST

From: Lothar Waßmann <LW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 11:29:12 +0100

> Hi David,
>
> Lothar Waßmann wrote:
>> David Miller wrote:
>> > From: Lothar Waßmann <LW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> > Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 07:51:04 +0100

>> > Yes, because you're rounding down so you'll miss the final
>> > partial word (if any).
>> >
>> Nope. DIV_ROUND_UP() would give '1' as upper bound for lengths from 1 to
>> 4, '2' for lengths from 5 to 8 and so on.
>>
>> The loop with increment 4 and i < len does exactly the same.
>> Try it for yourself, if you don't believe it.
>>

> Do you still think, the loop without DIV_ROUND_UP() is incorrect,
> or can this patch be applied?

I haven't had the time to fully re-look into the details, I'm busy
with many other things at the moment.

But looking at DIV_ROUND_UP() macro it rounds up. It gives an
upper bound of 4 for any value 1 to 4. Unlike what you claim.

Because it goes "(n + (d - 1)) / d"

Which for 'd' of 4 gives:

1 --> 4
2 --> 4