Re: linux-next: Tree for Nov 5

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Wed Nov 05 2014 - 05:47:48 EST

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 05:53:30PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Due to a move of office, there will not be a linux-next release on
> Friday (and maybe Monday).
>
> Changes since 20141104:
>
> The f2fs tree gained a build failure so I used the version from
> next-20141104.
>
> The mfd tree lost its build failure.
>
> The iommu tree gained a build failure so I used the version from
> next-20141104.
>
> The usb tree gained a conflict against the usb.current tree.
>
> The staging tree gained conflicts against the v4l-dvb tree.
>
> The scsi tree still had its its build failure, so I applied a supplied
> patch.
>
> The akpm tree lost a patch that turned up elsewhere.
>
> Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 3680
> 3064 files changed, 103787 insertions(+), 114924 deletions(-)

Build results:
total: 133 pass: 117 fail: 16
Failed builds:
arm:omap2plus_defconfig
arm:axm55xx_defconfig
arm64:defconfig
avr32:defconfig
m68k:allmodconfig
microblaze:mmu_defconfig
microblaze:nommu_defconfig
mips:allmodconfig
mips:nlm_xlp_defconfig
powerpc:mpc85xx_defconfig
powerpc:mpc85xx_smp_defconfig
powerpc:mpc85xx_defconfig
powerpc:mpc85xx_smp_defconfig
s390:defconfig
tile:tilegx_defconfig

Qemu test results:
total: 30 pass: 28 fail: 2
Failed tests:
arm64:arm64_smp_defconfig
arm64:arm64_nosmp_defconfig

Browsing through the failures, they all seem to be due to the missing
declaration of 'audit_file'. A patch for that problem is pending with
https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/11/4/528.

Guenter