Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.14.23-rt20

From: Harry van Haaren
Date: Wed Nov 05 2014 - 10:35:59 EST

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 14:50:41 +0100 Juerg Haefliger <juergh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The cpufreq code does nested down_read_trylocks and only the first one succeeds:
>drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq.c:
>store
> down_read_trylock(cpufreq_rwsem) <- succeeds
> store_scaling_governor
> cpufreq_get_policy
> cpufreq_cpu_get
> down_read_trylock(cpufreq_rwsem) <-- fails

On a related note: I think this patch/issue may be the cause of the
-rt CPU frequency scaling bug I reported a couple of months ago.
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.rt.user/12472

I'm currently using the performance governor by default as a
workaround; thanks to JackWinter for packaging in the ArchAudio repos.

Cheers, -Harry

--

http://www.openavproductions.com