Re: N900 modem support in 3.18-rc1

From: Sebastian Reichel
Date: Thu Nov 06 2014 - 13:03:49 EST

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 01:47:11PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > > From the dts, it looks like this should somehow work without this.
> >
> > Right :) The n900-modem driver will take care of this if the "pm"
> > parameter is set to 1 (which should be the default).
>
> I actually had pm=0 on the command line, but I removed it now, and no
> change: [...]
>
> Let me try with explicit =1. .. aha, that helps. Thanks!

mh seems I actually missed to make 1 the default value. I will
prepare a patch for that.

I assume, that the example ofono commands work for you now?

> Do you have an example client that can talk to ofonod?

I have not yet played with userland stuff. You could try
telepathy-ring, which integrates the ofono into the telepathy
framework.

> What is needed to get voice calls to work?

There's still a kernel driver missing in mainline for exchanging
voice data between the modem and the cpu (called cmt-speech).

BTW the CMT driver should be removed from your kernel tree; its a
deprecated variant of mainline's nokia-modem driver. Thus I guess
the cmt-speech driver, which is available in your kernel tree, is
not properly integrated into the changes I did during mainlining
the other modem related drivers.

-- Sebastian