Re: [RFC] perf-cache command interface design

From: David Ahern
Date: Fri Nov 07 2014 - 10:16:18 EST

On 11/7/14, 1:42 AM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 05:21:08PM +0900, Masami Hiramatsu wrote:
The paths of buildid cache of binary/symbols are not changed.

Could we get an option in .perfconfig to disable the buildid cache? Its
pointless diskspace wastage for some of us.

I was going to respond with the same. This:

[buildid]
# Default, disable using /dev/null
dir = /dev/null

disables the build-id cache. Hopefully that extends to all the other caches getting discussed.

David