Re: N900 modem support in 3.18-rc1

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Nov 13 2014 - 11:22:44 EST

Hi!

> > I actually had pm=0 on the command line, but I removed it now, and no
> > change: [...]
> >
> > Let me try with explicit =1. .. aha, that helps. Thanks!
>
> mh seems I actually missed to make 1 the default value. I will
> prepare a patch for that.
>
> I assume, that the example ofono commands work for you now?

Yes, it now works great.

> > Do you have an example client that can talk to ofonod?
>
> I have not yet played with userland stuff. You could try
> telepathy-ring, which integrates the ofono into the telepathy
> framework.

Ok, I took a look, and telepathy-ring is not in debian, and has
a lot of dependencies.

OTOH ofono seems pretty reasonable. So I played a bit, and result
is python/pygtk gui which can receive an sms, initiate a call, and
report missed call. If someone wants to play, source is at

https://gitorious.org/tui/tui/source/b6141107e9341a1412720aed4b0d09143dfa2f4e:ofone

Best regards,
Pavel