RE: Request for help: what did I do wrong with idtentry?

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Fri Nov 14 2014 - 19:52:53 EST

> causes Tony's MCE stress test to fail, presumably when some CPU either
> becomes permanently non-interruptable or otherwise wanders off into
> the weeds.

It might be that recent "improvements" I made to my test harness have
messed things up. I trimmed one delay (between injection and consumption),
but it turns out the other delay in the code never get executed (because we
take a SIGBUS on consumption and then longjmp). So my test that used
to pause a bit between iterations were running almost back to back
consumption and injection of next error.

This meant the serial console was a huge bottleneck (especially as my
development BIOS is also kicking its own debug junk onto the same port).
Some of the errors pointed obliquely at console.

I've slowed things back down to where they used to be, and things are
ticking along nicely (with 0.6 second delay between iterations). Just
passed the 2800 mark and still going. I'm leaving it running over the
weekend - if it makes it into the 50k level I'm willing to call it good.

-Tony