Re: [RFC] adp1653: Add device tree bindings for LED controller

From: Jacek Anaszewski
Date: Tue Nov 18 2014 - 03:09:22 EST

Hi Pavel, Sakari,

On 11/17/2014 03:58 PM, Sakari Ailus wrote:
Hi Pavel,

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 08:59:28AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
For device tree people: Yes, I know I'll have to create file in
documentation, but does the binding below look acceptable?

I'll clean up driver code a bit more, remove the printks. Anything
else obviously wrong?

Jacek Anaszewski is working on flash support for LED devices. I think it'd
be good to sync the DT bindings for the two, as the types of devices
supported by the LED API and the V4L2 flash API are quite similar.

Cc Jacek.

I've already submitted a patch [1] that updates leds common bindings.
I hasn't been merged yet, as the related LED Flash class patch [2]
still needs some indicator leds related discussion [3].

I think this is a good moment to discuss the flash related led common
bindings.

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-leds/msg02121.html
[2] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg83100.html
[3] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-leds/msg02472.html