Re: [ftrace/x86/extable] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at init/main.c:803 do_one_initcall()

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Sat Nov 22 2014 - 16:53:10 EST

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:59:26 -0800
Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Is it possible for your tests to see if a branch was rebased before
> > posting bug reports to LKML? This gave me a scare that my new code had
> > the same brain fart in it.
>
> Sure and good idea! I'll implement it right now.

It should also make sure that the rebase does not include the offending
commit before not sending out the email. A rebase alone may still have
the bug.

And if you really want to be fancy, you can check to see if the code
itself changed. The attached script takes two git releases (SHA1s,
tags, etc) or one git release and uses HEAD, and finds where the two
are different. Not just by commit id, but also by code. I use this
because I'll modify a branch to add an acked-by and not change the code,
but still want to know the last commit that I tested. It may not have
the same commit id.

-- Steve