crypto: user - crypto_alg_match removal

From: Stephan Mueller
Date: Sat Nov 22 2014 - 17:25:27 EST

Hi Steffen, Herbert,

may I ask for the reasons why crypto_alg_match exists? Doesn't it
implement crypto_alg_lookup -- and that not even complete? Is there a
particular reason why this exact flag of crypto_alg_match is really
needed in the context of crypto_user?

Unless there is such valid reason, may I ask whether we can remove
crypto_alg_match and simply use crypto_alg_lookup in all instances where
crypto_alg_match is invoked using the following replacement:

alg = crypto_alg_lookup(p->cru_name, p->cru_type, p->cru_mask)

The only problem with this replacement is that p->cru_driver_name is not
considered with that. Do you think a double invocation of
crypto_alg_lookup should be done or that even the user space interface
should be changed such that cru_driver_name is removed from it?

Note, this change would now imply that crypto_user follows the kernel-
internal crypto API invocation approach.

Thanks
Stephan