Re: [RFC] lsm: namespace hooks

From: Lukasz Pawelczyk
Date: Thu Nov 27 2014 - 11:07:34 EST

On czw, 2014-11-27 at 09:42 -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Lukasz Pawelczyk <l.pawelczyk@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> Isn't this CLONE_IO?
> >
> > Yes, I was merely noticing out loud that it's the last bit of 32bit.
> >
> > After close look though the 0x00001000 appears to be unused

> >> I'm not sure. But a new syscall would be a candidate.
>
> We are probably going to need to go a couple rounds with this but at
> first approximation I think this functionality needs to be tied to the
> user namespace. This functionality already looks half tied to it.
>
> When mounting filesystems with user namespaces priveleges matures a
> little more you should be able to use unmapped labels. In the near term
> we are looking at filesystems such as tmpfs, fuse and posibly extN.

I presume you are referring to the Smack namespace readme where I
mentioned mounts with specifying smack labels in the mount options, not
to the quote above?

I was referring the to the check here that has been changed to
smack_ns_privileged() using ns_capable():
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/security/smack/smack_lsm.c#L462

And you can't use an unmapped Smack label inside the namespace, this
would be completely against its idea.

Anyway, at this point I'm more interested in the LSM namespace. I'll be
doing an RFC for Smack namespace later.

Unless I misunderstood your mail.

--
Lukasz Pawelczyk