RE: [RFC V2] mm:add zero_page _mapcount when mapped into user space

From: Wang, Yalin
Date: Thu Dec 04 2014 - 01:11:24 EST

I just test it to see the mapcount from /proc/pid/pagemap and /proc/kpagecount ,
It works well,
The problem is that when I see /proc/pid/smaps ,
The Rss / Pss don't calculate zero_page map,
Because smaps_pte_entry() --> vm_normal_page( ),
Will return NULL for zero_page,

But when userspace process cat /proc/pid/pagemap ,
It will see zero_page mapped,
And will treat as Rss ,
This is weird, should we also omit zero_page in /proc/pid/pagemap ?
Or add zero_page as Rss in /proc/pid/smaps ?

I think we should add zero_page into Rss ,
Because it is really mapped into userspace address space.
And will let userspace memory analysis more accurate .

Thanks