Re: FIXME in solos-pci.c

From: chas williams - CONTRACTOR
Date: Thu Dec 04 2014 - 09:12:01 EST

The last I heard on this topic was from Guy Ellis,

From: Guy Ellis <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-atm-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Linux-ATM-General] solos-pci.c: Fix me
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:34:30 +1000

Hi Chas/Nick,

I think the FIXME is reminder to deal correctly with an unknown command.
At the moment an unknown command is treated as a PKT_COMMAND which is
incorrect.
I think the correct behaviour would be to ignore unknown commands and
just free the skb.

That said I doubt this condition ever occurs, which is probably why it
has been this way since day 1.

Nathan is on vacation at the moment, when he gets back in August I'll
ask him to tidy this up.

So perhaps, Guy could let us know if he had a chance for Nathan to
look at removing this FIXME.