Re: frequent lockups in 3.18rc4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Dec 05 2014 - 13:39:01 EST

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A bisect later, and I landed on a kernel that ran for a day, before
> spewing NMI messages, recovering, and then..
>
> http://codemonkey.org.uk/junk/log.txt

I have to admit I'm seeing absolutely nothing sensible in there.

Call it bad, and see if bisection ends up slowly -oh so slowly -
pointing to some direction. Because I don't think it's the hardware,
considering that apparently 3.16 is solid. And the spews themselves
are so incomprehensible that I'm not seeing any pattern what-so-ever.

Linus