Re: wl1251: NVS firmware data

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Sat Dec 06 2014 - 08:00:25 EST

On Thursday 27 November 2014 16:13:51 Ming Lei wrote:
> > Which userspace helper programs for (automatic) firmware
> > for loading
>
> At default, udev had its builtin firmware helper, but some new
> udev stops to handle firmware request.
>
> If the udev you are using still supports to handle firmware
> request, you can write your load helper and add your rule for
> handling the special case. Otherwise, you need to write code
> to monitor the netlink uevents from the kernel and handle
> your firmware loading request.
>
> Thanks,
> Ming Lei

For Nokia N900 (and Maemo system) we are using older udev version
(0.125), so here should be support for firmware helper.

And if some new udev version will not work, we can just revert
back to older working... No need to use super-uber-fantastic
systemd-udevd software which removing old useful code.

So looks like adding new rule file to udev for handling firmware
requests from kernel could work...

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx