Re: frequent lockups in 3.18rc4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Dec 06 2014 - 15:41:22 EST

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Martin van Es <mrvanes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hope this may help in finding the right direction for this bug?
>
> If you can reproduce it with your spare J1900 system and could perhaps
> bisect it there, that would be a huge help.

Side note: your load sounds superficially more like the one DÃniel
Fraga had, who saw lockups with 3.17 but 3.18-rc7 actually works for
him.

But if you're running 3.17.3, I think you should already have all the
relevant fixes throuigh the -stable tree.

Linus