[GIT PULL 0/9] ARM: SoC changes for 3.19

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Tue Dec 09 2014 - 16:21:40 EST

Hi Linus,

This is the 3.19 set of branches for ARM SoC related changes. As usual,
about half the additions are for device tree files, both counting the
number of patches and number of lines. The other changes are all dwarfed
by the removal of the remaining legacy machine support in the Atmel at91
platform, now that this platform has sufficient DT support.

Aside from this one-time peak for at91, the most active platforms remain
shmobile, omap, sunxi and exynos.

We are also adding a record number of 12 new arm32 SoC types and 2
arm64 SoC types in this merge window, with at least four more that
almost made it in but were a little late.

This is also the first time we do not have 'boards' branch that tracks
changes to board specific files any more: We now support 527 individual
machine types with device tree and have 258 old-style board files, but
the latter are rarely updated these days.

Total number of changesets (including merges): 1120
Total number of merge changesets: 147
Total number of contributors: 170

Overall diffstat:

Dirstat:
$ git diff --dirstat=0.2 v3.18..for-next
0.4% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/
0.5% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/
31.7% arch/arm/boot/dts/
1.4% arch/arm/configs/
0.2% arch/arm/include/
0.8% arch/arm/kernel/
30.4% arch/arm/mach-at91/
0.5% arch/arm/mach-bcm/
0.4% arch/arm/mach-davinci/
3.9% arch/arm/mach-exynos/
0.6% arch/arm/mach-imx/
0.6% arch/arm/mach-integrator/
1.1% arch/arm/mach-mvebu/
5.0% arch/arm/mach-omap2/
0.3% arch/arm/mach-pxa/
0.2% arch/arm/mach-rockchip/
2.9% arch/arm/mach-shmobile/
1.0% arch/arm/mach-vexpress/
0.2% arch/arm/mm/
1.9% arch/arm/
0.3% arch/arm64/boot/dts/amd/
0.5% arch/arm64/boot/dts/arm/
1.3% drivers/bus/
0.3% drivers/clk/
0.3% drivers/clocksource/
2.5% drivers/dma/
2.5% drivers/iommu/
2.8% drivers/memory/tegra/
1.1% drivers/memory/
0.3% drivers/reset/sti/
0.2% drivers/rtc/
0.2% drivers/soc/versatile/
0.6% drivers/
0.4% include/dt-bindings/
0.6% include/linux/

Top 20 contributors by patch count (no merges):
$ git log --format=%an --no-merges v3.18..for-next | sort | uniq -c |sort -nr | head -n 20
56 Geert Uytterhoeven
48 Maxime Ripard
31 Tero Kristo
29 Nicolas Ferre