Re: Shorten efi regions output

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Wed Dec 10 2014 - 05:46:36 EST

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:17:41AM +0800, Dave Young wrote:
> I have same feeling with you, it is too long for most of people.
>
> Since the printk code are for EFI_DEBUG, they are around the #ifdef
> so I would like to see a kernel param like efi_debug=on, so only
> efi_debug is specified then these verbose messages are printed.
> Without the param kernel can print some basic infomation about the
> memory ranges.
>
> In arm64 code there's already a uefi_debug param it can be moved to
> general code so that there will be a goable switch.

Hmm, makes sense to me. Maybe we should really hide those behind a
debug switch, the question is whether asking the user to boot with
"efi_debug=on" in order to see the regions is ok. And I think it is ok
because we do that when debugging other stuff so I don't see anything
different here.

And then when they're disabled by default, we don't really need to
shorten them as they're pure debug output then.

Matt?

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.