Re: [GIT PULL, v2] x86/microcode tree changes for v3.19

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Dec 11 2014 - 00:25:25 EST

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 4:42 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please pull the latest x86-microcode-for-linus git tree from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git x86-microcode-for-linus

Hmm. There's a conflict with commit 02ecc41abcea ("x86, microcode:
Limit the microcode reloading to 64-bit for now"), but I'm going to
assume that the issue is fixed now, and that commit fbae4ba8c4a3
("x86, microcode: Reload microcode on resume") that causes the
conflict also handles the 32-bit case correctly. So my merge is going
to just remove the X86_64 test, effectively undoing that first commit,
ratehr than keep it around.

If it turns out that the 64-bit limitation needs to be still in place,
holler. We can re-do the ugly 64-bit limit thing if required.

Linus