Re: sched: odd values for effective load calculations

From: Yuyang Du
Date: Tue Dec 16 2014 - 05:08:15 EST

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:51:46PM -0500, Sasha Levin wrote:
> On 12/15/2014 07:12 AM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> >
> > Sorry for the long delay, I was out for a few weeks due to having become
> > a dad for the second time.
>
> Congrats! May you be able to sleep at night sooner rather than later.

Congrats +1.

> It's fairy reproducible, I've seen it happen quite a few times. What other
> information might be useful?

Sasha, it might be helpful to see this_load is from:

this_load1: this_load = target_load(this_cpu, idx);

or

this_load2: this_load += effective_load(tg, this_cpu, -weight, -weight);

It really does not seem to be this_load1, while the calc of effective_load is a bit
complicated to see what the problem is.