Re: 3.18.1: broken directory with one file too many

From: Holger HoffstÃtte
Date: Thu Dec 18 2014 - 11:42:48 EST

On 12/18/14 17:32, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> So this is two separate tests, both failed, the only difference is that
> the tcpdump was run on the client in one case and the server in the
> other?

Exactly: client first, then I realized you'd want to look at the server-side too.
That being said..

> Right, I suspect there's a bug in the server's encoding of the reply to
> the READDIR rpc. Odd that the encoding would look correct from the
> point of view of tcpdump on the server but not from the point of view of
> tcpdump on the client.

..in order to rule out a mistake on my part with the two separate runs (which prevents correlated analysis) I was just about to boot the server back into 3.18.1 and re-run both client- and server-side traces simultaneously. However I have to head out for a bit first; will post that later today.

Thanks so far!

Holger

PS: sorry for the mangled replies, that seems to be Gmane. Using email only now.