Re: Linux 3.19-rc3

From: Mark Langsdorf
Date: Thu Jan 08 2015 - 12:30:17 EST

On 01/08/2015 07:45 AM, Catalin Marinas wrote:
On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 12:51:31PM +0000, Mark Langsdorf wrote:
On 01/05/2015 07:46 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
It's a day delayed - not because of any particular development issues,
but simply because I was tiling a bathroom yesterday. But rc3 is out
there now, and things have stayed reasonably calm. I really hope that
implies that 3.19 is looking good, but it's equally likely that it's
just that people are still recovering from the holiday season.

I'm consistently getting an out of memory killer triggered when
compiling the kernel (make -j 16 -s) on a 16 core ARM64 system
with 16 GB of memory. This doesn't happen when running a 3.18
kernel.

I'm going to start bisecting the failure now, but here's the crash
log in case someone can see something obvious in it.

Can you disable (transparent) huge pages? I don't have any better at the
moment suggestion apart from bisecting.

I didn't have transparent huge pages on. Turning off hugetblfs didn't
change anything. Turning off 64K pages isn't an option because of
firmware constraints.

--Mark Langsdorf