Re: 3.19-rc1 regression bisected No sound on Dell Latitude d430

From: David Henningsson
Date: Mon Jan 12 2015 - 05:59:27 EST

On 2015-01-11 22:44, Hans de Bruin wrote:
running 3.19-rc1 alsamixer show these options:

Master
PCM
Line Out
Mic Boost
Auto Mute mode

Line out now controls the vole of the speaker (this 'new' channel had
volume 0 so did not hear anything). Changing PCM has no effect.

So, now that you have adjusted "Line Out" you have sound again, correct?

Then this might be easiest resolved by just adding a "Line Out" section to /usr/share/alsa/init/default that intializes Line Out to something else than zero. We probably should do that anyway.

Takashi, do you agree? If so I'll write a patch for it.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic