Re: What's the correct tree to route kprobes patches through?

From: Masami Hiramatsu
Date: Tue Jan 13 2015 - 07:23:19 EST

(2015/01/13 3:21), Jon Medhurst (Tixy) wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm wondering what the correct route is for getting kprobes patches into
> mainline Linux. In particular I'm interested in a patch from Masami
> Hiramatsu [1] which is a dependency for some ARM kprobes work we want to
> merge. If acceptable, we could submit that one though the ARM
> maintainer's tree with our other work.

I'm OK to merge that patch via ARM's tree. Fortunately, that patch is
just a minor change. So I think it works.

Usually only generic or x86-dependent kprobes patches are upstreamed via
tip tree, and arch-dependent part of kprobes patches should go through arch
specific tree.
Of course I can also provide a new git repo for kprobes on kernel.org. :)
(But still which repo I should send a pull request is a question...)

Thank you,

--
Masami HIRAMATSU
Software Platform Research Dept. Linux Technology Research Center