Re: if power button pressed 1x it creates the same ACPI event twice

From: Sander Eikelenboom
Date: Tue Jan 13 2015 - 11:47:37 EST

> Hi Rafael / Len,

> When i press the power-button on my intel NUC, i get twp ACPI power-events shortly
> after one another (within a second), instead of just one.

> It doesn't matter if i have the old /proc/acpi interface enabled or disabled in the kernel config.

> I have tested a few older kernels lingering around on the box and 3.14 already
> has this problem. 3.2 (from the debian repo) doesn't have the problem, it only
> fires one event.

> I did find another report:
> Re: lenovo ultrabay docking station: if power button pressed 1x it creates 2x the same ACPI event
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-acpi/msg54723.html
> But that hasn't come to a conclusion ...

> Unfortunately 3.2 - 3.19-rc4 is a bit of a largish bisect window, so that's
> unfeasible :-)

> I compiled in apci debug support and tried:
> echo "0x00080000" > /sys/module/acpi/parameters/debug_layer
> echo "0xffffffff" > /sys/module/acpi/parameters/debug_level

> But i don't get any extra output in dmesg ?

> Do you have any ideas for a debug patch or better values to figure out what is going on ?

> --
> Sander

Hmm is it normal that it registers in this way (twice) ?

[ 5.817980] input: Power Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input0
[ 5.837907] ACPI: Power Button [PWRB]
[ 5.847540] input: Power Button as /devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input1
[ 5.866915] ACPI: Power Button [PWRF]

--
Sander