Re: Another SCHED_DEADLINE bug (with bisection and possible fix)

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Thu Jan 15 2015 - 07:23:32 EST

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:23:43PM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> There are some parts of the patch that I do not understand (for example:
> if I understand well, if the task is not throttled you set dl_new to 1...
> And if it is throttled you change its current runtime and scheduling deadline...
> Why?)
> Anyway, I tested the patch and I confirm that it fixes the hang I originally
> reported.

I'll go look at the patch in a wee bit. But Juri, Luca, could you
describe the correct behaviour?

>From what I understand we should either modify the tasks run/sleep stats
when we change its parameters or we should schedule a delayed release of
the bandwidth delta (when it reaches its 0-lag point, if thats in the
future).

Doing neither will allow one to game the reservation system afaict.