gpio: ARCH_MB86S7X?

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Fri Jan 23 2015 - 05:22:07 EST

Jassi,

Your commit 0da094d82c27 ("gpio: Add Fujitsu MB86S7x GPIO driver") is
included in today's linux-next (ie, next-20150123). I noticed because a
script I use to check linux-next spotted a problem in it.

That commit added the Kconfig symbol GPIO_MB86S7X and made it depend on
ARCH_MB86S7X. But there's no Kconfig symbol ARCH_MB86S7X in linux-next.
I assume a patch to add that symbol is queued somewhere. Is that
correct?

Please note that I actually managed to cross-compile
drivers/gpio/gpio-mb86s7x.c with this command:
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnu- EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DCONFIG_GPIOLIB=y" drivers/gpio/gpio-mb86s7x.o

So, for what it's worth, that dependency appears to be not needed to
build this driver.

Thanks,

Paul Bolle