Re: Shorten efi regions output

From: Matt Fleming
Date: Mon Jan 26 2015 - 05:49:44 EST

On Wed, 21 Jan, at 11:06:33AM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:48:58AM -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
> > We have on a number of occasions found just this output useful in
> > debugging boot issues on ARM servers
>
> We can turn it on by default on ARM and off on x86...

Yeah, there's no reason we need to have the same default. That is to
say, it can be on for ARM and off for x86, but when enabled the format
should be the same for both.

In the future the memory maps are likely to contain even more entries
and I suspect we're going to get more requests to disable the voluminous
memmap output by default if we don't do so now.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center