Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 27 (build failures due to 'don't offset memmap for flatmem')

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Tue Jan 27 2015 - 12:31:41 EST

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 07:51:23PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Changes since 20150123:
>
> The arm64 tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree.
>
> The net-next tree gained conflicts against the arm-soc and net trees.
>
> The drm-panel tree gained a conflict against the drm tree.
>
> The wireless-drivers-next tree gained a build failure for which I reverted
> a commit.
>
> The block tree gained conflicts against the vfs and Linus' trees.
>
> The clockevents tree gained a conflict against the arm tree.
>
> The akpm tree lost a patch that turned up elsewhere.
>
> Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 5237
> 4877 files changed, 200964 insertions(+), 94565 deletions(-)

There are various build failures due to commit
'mm/page_alloc.c: don't offset memmap for flatmem',
which assumes that ARCH_PFN_OFFSET is defined for all architectures,
but it isn't. This is also the first use of ARCH_PFN_OFFSET outside
an architecture directory.

Build fails for mn10300, m68k_nommu, and avr32.

Guenter