Re: Linux 3.18.4

From: Nick Warne
Date: Tue Jan 27 2015 - 16:26:58 EST

Wow.

On my amd64 it usually takes about 19 minutes to build my bespoke kernel. After I downloaded/untarball/setup issued 'make' and then watched TV for a bit. Bloody hell, next time I looked it was built... in about 13 minutes. I suspected something was wrong, as I added new ipsets classes tonight prior to this and had to double check.

Nope, all hunky dory :)

So, I just updated my lowly Samsung notebook bespoke build - normal build time on this is about 57 minutes - 3.18.4 is now < 45 minutes.

Great stuff - I dunno what you guys changed, but it's good.

Many thanks,

Nick
P.S. also the Intel driver is fixed toboot too :)
--
Q. What's the difference between a duck and an elephant?
A. You can't get down off an elephant.