Re: [GIT PULL] PCI fixes for v3.19

From: Tony Luck
Date: Fri Jan 30 2015 - 13:01:39 EST

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tony, does the system work as it did before? Is the only problem that
> now we have more warnings than we did before?

Yup - things seem to be working. Just have a bunch of new console messages.

It seems that at least some of them are valid - the BIOS isn't describing some
things that it should. I don't think we need to re-apply code that
used to paper
over this problem. I can just add these to the list of "harmless" messages to
ignore when running new kernels on this old machine.

Or did I misunderstand some part of this thread?

-Tony