Re: [RFCv3 2/2] dma-buf: add helpers for sharing attacher constraints with dma-parms

From: Russell King - ARM Linux
Date: Tue Feb 03 2015 - 09:37:33 EST

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 09:04:03AM -0500, Rob Clark wrote:
> Since I'm stuck w/ an iommu, instead of built in mmu, my plan was to
> drop use of dma-mapping entirely (incl the current call to dma_map_sg,
> which I just need until we can use drm_cflush on arm), and
> attach/detach iommu domains directly to implement context switches.
> At that point, dma_addr_t really has no sensible meaning for me.

So how do you intend to import from a subsystem which only gives you
the dma_addr_t?

If you aren't passing system memory, you have no struct page. You can't
fake up a struct page. What this means is that struct scatterlist can't
represent it any other way.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.