Re: [capabilities] Allow normal inheritance for a configurable set of capabilities

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Tue Feb 03 2015 - 10:23:20 EST

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015, Serge Hallyn wrote:

> A key concept behind posix capabilities is that the privilege comes from
> both the person and the file being executed. As you say below basically
> anything can be executed by the program so that is completely violated.

Well this patch does not change that. Its just that the file being
executed can inherit the parent caps without having to set caps in the new
executable.

Owww. Thats a pretty far jump from what this patch does.

> Not saying this is a good idea necessarily, but worth thinking about.

Well we keep on having actual problems with caps for long years now. We
need a solution. This means a patch that solves the issue.