Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 4

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Thu Feb 05 2015 - 13:45:48 EST

On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:35:33AM -0800, Dave Hansen wrote:
> > Yep, you do need to offline at least one CPU to hit that splat.
>
> Heh, do we need a debugging mode that will randomly offline/online CPUs? :)

For that, kernel/rcu/rcutorture.c and kernel/locking/locktorture.c
are your friends. ;-)

The problem is that I only run RCU-relevant combinations of Kconfigs,
which means that I missed the ones that Sedat used to find this problem.
So I guess it is a good thing that others run -next testing.

Thanx, Paul